Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So this past week I've had to play vet for my mare. On Sunday my dad gave her her vaccinations and Monday afternoon I went out to get her to work with her and found that she wasn't breathing properly, her noes was running like it was a tap that was left on, she was dripping sweat, her neck was swollen and she was shaking so much she looked like she was ready to collapse. Called the vet and unfortunately I didn't have a trailer to take her to the vet, nor did I have the 150$ to have him come out and look at her. So I got my camera out and took pictures and videos of her and brought those to the vet and had her checked out that way, I know, I was desperate. Anywho when I showed the vet the pictures and video he said it looked like she had a reaction to the vaccines and it was a localized infection. He gave me some meds I had to give her orally as well as needles I had to administer :S so I spent three days checking her almost every hour and giving her and 18gage needle with 20cc of meds in her neck...the needle was HUGE! But now I can say I know how to give a needle but it still creeps me out...yeah that was my week. Oh on saturday I worked with Arod for the first time! he has the attention span of a pickle, but what do you expect with a two year old :) he did well for never doing anything before.
till next time!
K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment