Thursday, December 10, 2009

time passes...in the blink of an eye

Do you ever wonder where time goes?? It's crazy how fast things change and grow. You blink and it's gone. I never understood why my parents always told me I was growing too fast. According to me I was growing to slow. Now all I want it to turn back the hands of time and relive those moments that I loved, the moments that I hated, the moments that I thought life couldn't get any worse, the moments that life was the greatest thing that could ever happen, and the moments that changed my life forever. Do you ever wonder how you would handle things going back and redoing them? Would you fight back? Would you just walk away? Would you have more grace? Would you say something or do something different? Would you have more patience? Sometimes I wish that I could go back with all the knowledge I have now and deal with things differently, but then where would I be now? I wouldn't be the same person. I wouldn't have grown the way I did through those situations.
The love you have after building a relationship with someone through the good times and the bad would not be the same, or as strong if you never went through those though times. The understanding that you have for something wouldn't be the same, or even be there if you didn't take the time to work it out. Why is it that when you are so young all you ever want to do it grow up? Why do we spend so much time when we are little trying to be bigger, trying to be older. just the get there and try to be young again? Why can't we just go through life and enjoy every minuet? the good and the bad? the better and the worse? What causes us to fly though life only to regret not taking the time to soak it all in? Why can't we all just stop and breathe? Take in the scenery? Enjoy our pie? (not 100% sure where that one came from but hey I never said I was smart :P).
Four years ago today a little 6 month old baby came into our family screaming, but she still stole our hearts. Who knew she would change our lives so much? all the long nights screaming and writhing from the pain of with drawl. Would I have traded those months or something else? No. If I could have taken her pain away I would have taken it in a heart beat. But would we be where we are now? For one thing no one would have guessed that after 6 months of screaming and writhing in pain every night, that this little girl would hold each one of our hearts so tightly? Well she has. I can't even imagine life without her. It actually hurts to think about it. After four years she has stolen the hearts of pretty much everyone she has come in contact with. Her beautiful brow eyes, her mischievous smile, her contagious laugh, her giggle that can light up a room. she is amazing. Today December 10 2009 marks four years of her being in our home! We looks forward to the years ahead and hope and pray her adoption goes through soon! We love you a million stars Peaches!! (nickname used to protect child).
-K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment