Saturday, October 17, 2009

At a banquet...

So unfortunately I have no pictures for this post, and it will probably be pretty short but anyhow.
Tonight my sister a friend and I played at a banquet that our church put on as a thank you to everyone who helped build it. We mostly did the background music and then we did a couple songs as part of the program. It went pretty well until we forgot to eat, and then when I was playing one of the songs I wrote I mixed the first half of the first verse with the second half of the second verse, after I got VERY confused I just jumped into the chorus. No one noticed but of course I did and it was just a very very short song :p with only three verses instead of four. Anyhow other than that it went pretty well, not our best performance but it was good. It was nice to just be in the background and only do a couple songs in the program. I think it would be super fun to do a valentines day banquet and get to play all sorts of love songs! It was a little hard trying to pick songs for an older audience but it was a fun challenge and if I would ever do it again I would know what to expect and know what to do differently.
Oh and by the way the snow has melted and it was much warmer today and yesterday than it has been! looks like we may get the fall we missed after all :D
Till next time!
K.G

No comments:

Post a Comment